Moses’ meekness rewarded

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Wed Aug 28 09:27:51 MDT 2013

Lesson: Pride Brought Low
Reading: Moses’ meekness rewarded  2013-08-28
Reference:  Num. 12:1-10
Numbers 12:1: And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.
Numbers 12:2: And they said, Hath the Lord indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the Lord heard it.
Numbers 12:3: ( Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.)
Numbers 12:4: And the Lord spake suddenly unto Moses, and unto Aaron, and unto Miriam, Come out ye three unto the tabernacle of the congregation. And they three came out.
Numbers 12:5: And the Lord came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth.
Numbers 12:6: And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the Lord will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.
Numbers 12:7: My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.
Numbers 12:8: With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the Lord shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?
Numbers 12:9: And the anger of the Lord was kindled against them; and he departed.
Numbers 12:10: And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous.