[DailyReading] The same Spirit and Lord

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Sat Sep 29 00:00:04 MDT 2012

Lesson: Division Brings Apostasy
Reading: The same Spirit and Lord  2012-09-29
Reference:  1 Cor. 12:1-13

1Cor 12:1: Now concerning spiritual gifts , brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
1Cor 12:2: Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
1Cor 12:3: Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
1Cor 12:4: Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
1Cor 12:5: And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
1Cor 12:6: And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
1Cor 12:7: But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
1Cor 12:8: For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
1Cor 12:9: To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
1Cor 12:10: To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1Cor 12:11: But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
1Cor 12:12: For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
1Cor 12:13: For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.