[DailyReading] Israel requests a king

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Mon Sep 24 00:00:03 MDT 2012

Lesson: Division Brings Apostasy
Reading: Israel requests a king  2012-09-24
Reference:  1 Sam. 8:4-9

1Sam 8:4: Then all the elders of Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto Ramah,
1Sam 8:5: And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations.
1Sam 8:6: But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the Lord.
1Sam 8:7: And the Lord said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.
1Sam 8:8: According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt even unto this day, wherewith they have forsaken me, and served other gods, so do they also unto thee.
1Sam 8:9: Now therefore hearken unto their voice: howbeit yet protest solemnly unto them, and shew them the manner of the king that shall reign over them.