[DailyReading] The warning

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Mon Oct 29 00:00:07 MDT 2012

Lesson: Israel’s Fall
Reading: The warning  2012-10-29
Reference:  Deut. 29:10-19

Deut 29:10: Ye stand this day all of you before the Lord your God; your captains of your tribes, your elders, and your officers, with all the men of Israel,
Deut 29:11: Your little ones, your wives, and thy stranger that is in thy camp, from the hewer of thy wood unto the drawer of thy water:
Deut 29:12: That thou shouldest enter into covenant with the Lord thy God, and into his oath, which the Lord thy God maketh with thee this day:
Deut 29:13: That he may establish thee to day for a people unto himself, and that he may be unto thee a God, as he hath said unto thee, and as he hath sworn unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.
Deut 29:14: Neither with you only do I make this covenant and this oath;
Deut 29:15: But with him that standeth here with us this day before the Lord our God, and also with him that is not here with us this day:
Deut 29:16: (For ye know how we have dwelt in the land of Egypt; and how we came through the nations which ye passed by;
Deut 29:17: And ye have seen their abominations, and their idols, wood and stone, silver and gold, which were among them:)
Deut 29:18: Lest there should be among you man, or woman, or family, or tribe, whose heart turneth away this day from the Lord our God, to go and serve the gods of these nations; lest there should be among you a root that beareth gall and wormwood;
Deut 29:19: And it come to pass, when he heareth the words of this curse, that he bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, though I walk in the imagination of mine heart, to add drunkenness to thirst: