[DailyReading] The responsibility of the mantle

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Sun Oct 21 00:00:09 MDT 2012

Lesson: The Chariot of Fire
Reading: The responsibility of the mantle  2012-10-21
Reference:  Titus 2

Tit 2:1: But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
Tit 2:2: That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
Tit 2:3: The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
Tit 2:4: That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
Tit 2:5: To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
Tit 2:6: Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.
Tit 2:7: In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
Tit 2:8: Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.
Tit 2:9: Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things ; not answering again;
Tit 2:10: Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.
Tit 2:11: For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Tit 2:12: Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Tit 2:13: Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Tit 2:14: Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Tit 2:15: These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.