[DailyReading] The choice is ours

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Tue Oct 9 00:00:05 MDT 2012

Lesson: The Sound of Abundance of Rain
Reading: The choice is ours  2012-10-09
Reference:  Josh. 24:14-24

Josh 24:14: Now therefore fear the Lord, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the Lord.
Josh 24:15: And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Josh 24:16: And the people answered and said, God forbid that we should forsake the Lord, to serve other gods;
Josh 24:17: For the Lord our God, he it is that brought us up and our fathers out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage, and which did those great signs in our sight, and preserved us in all the way wherein we went, and among all the people through whom we passed:
Josh 24:18: And the Lord drave out from before us all the people, even the Amorites which dwelt in the land: therefore will we also serve the Lord; for he is our God.
Josh 24:19: And Joshua said unto the people, Ye cannot serve the Lord: for he is an holy God; he is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins.
Josh 24:20: If ye forsake the Lord, and serve strange gods, then he will turn and do you hurt, and consume you, after that he hath done you good.
Josh 24:21: And the people said unto Joshua, Nay; but we will serve the Lord.
Josh 24:22: And Joshua said unto the people, Ye are witnesses against yourselves that ye have chosen you the Lord, to serve him. And they said, We are witnesses.
Josh 24:23: Now therefore put away, said he , the strange gods which are among you, and incline your heart unto the Lord God of Israel.
Josh 24:24: And the people said unto Joshua, The Lord our God will we serve, and his voice will we obey.