David’s confession

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Wed Nov 7 00:00:08 MST 2012

Lesson: Judah’s Great King
Reading: David’s confession  2012-11-07
Reference:  Ps. 51:1-9

Pss 51:1: Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
Pss 51:2: Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
Pss 51:3: For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
Pss 51:4: Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
Pss 51:5: Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Pss 51:6: Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
Pss 51:7: Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Pss 51:8: Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
Pss 51:9: Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.