[DailyReading] Why do we stake claims?

Daily Bible Readings dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Tue Mar 27 00:00:01 MDT 2012

Lesson: The Brevity of Life
Reading: Why do we stake claims?  2012-03-27
Reference: Ps. 49:6-15

Pss 49:6: They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches;
Pss 49:7: None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:
Pss 49:8: (For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever:)
Pss 49:9: That he should still live for ever, and not see corruption.
Pss 49:10: For he seeth that wise men die, likewise the fool and the brutish person perish, and leave their wealth to others.
Pss 49:11: Their inward thought is, that their houses shall continue for ever, and their dwelling places to all generations; they call their lands after their own names.
Pss 49:12: Nevertheless man being in honour abideth not: he is like the beasts that perish.
Pss 49:13: This their way is their folly: yet their posterity approve their sayings. Selah.
Pss 49:14: Like sheep they are laid in the grave; death shall feed on them; and the upright shall have dominion over them in the morning; and their beauty shall consume in the grave from their dwelling.
Pss 49:15: But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Selah.