[DailyReading] Called the sons of God

Daily Bible Readings dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Mon Mar 5 00:00:02 MST 2012

Lesson: Children of the King
Reading: Called the sons of God  2012-03-05
Reference: 1 John 3:1-10

1Jn 3:1: Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
1Jn 3:2: Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
1Jn 3:3: And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
1Jn 3:4: Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
1Jn 3:5: And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
1Jn 3:6: Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1Jn 3:7: Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
1Jn 3:8: He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1Jn 3:9: Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1Jn 3:10: In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.