[DailyReading] Christ commits Himself

Daily Bible Readings dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Tue Feb 28 00:00:01 MST 2012

Lesson: Commit
Reading: Christ commits Himself  2012-02-28
Reference: 1 Pet. 2:20-25

1Pet 2:20: For what glory is it , if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it , ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.
1Pet 2:21: For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
1Pet 2:22: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
1Pet 2:23: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
1Pet 2:24: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
1Pet 2:25: For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.