[DailyReading] Unsalted sacrifices

Daily Bible Readings dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Sat Feb 18 00:00:02 MST 2012

Lesson: A Salted Sacrifice
Reading: Unsalted sacrifices  2012-02-18
Reference: Isa. 1:10-17

Isa 1:10: Hear the word of the Lord, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.
Isa 1:11: To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
Isa 1:12: When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?
Isa 1:13: Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
Isa 1:14: Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them .
Isa 1:15: And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.
Isa 1:16: Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
Isa 1:17: Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.