God’s covenant sacrifice

Daily Bible Readings dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Wed Feb 15 00:00:01 MST 2012

Lesson: A Salted Sacrifice
Reading: God’s covenant sacrifice  2012-02-15
Reference: Mark 15:20-37

Mk 15:20: And when they had mocked him, they took off the purple from him, and put his own clothes on him, and led him out to crucify him.
Mk 15:21: And they compel one Simon a Cyrenian, who passed by, coming out of the country, the father of Alexander and Rufus, to bear his cross.
Mk 15:22: And they bring him unto the place Golgotha, which is, being interpreted, The place of a skull.
Mk 15:23: And they gave him to drink wine mingled with myrrh: but he received it not.
Mk 15:24: And when they had crucified him, they parted his garments, casting lots upon them, what every man should take.
Mk 15:25: And it was the third hour, and they crucified him.
Mk 15:26: And the superscription of his accusation was written over, THE KING OF THE JEWS.
Mk 15:27: And with him they crucify two thieves; the one on his right hand, and the other on his left.
Mk 15:28: And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.
Mk 15:29: And they that passed by railed on him, wagging their heads, and saying, Ah, thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days,
Mk 15:30: Save thyself, and come down from the cross.
Mk 15:31: Likewise also the chief priests mocking said among themselves with the scribes, He saved others; himself he cannot save.
Mk 15:32: Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.
Mk 15:33: And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour.
Mk 15:34: And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
Mk 15:35: And some of them that stood by, when they heard it , said, Behold, he calleth Elias.
Mk 15:36: And one ran and filled a spunge full of vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink, saying, Let alone; let us see whether Elias will come to take him down.
Mk 15:37: And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.