[DailyReading] Concern for the master

Daily Bible Readings dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Tue Feb 7 00:00:02 MST 2012

Lesson: The Mark of Greatness
Reading: Concern for the master  2012-02-07
Reference: 2 Kings 5:1-6

2Kgs 5:1: Now Naaman, captain of the host of the king of Syria, was a great man with his master, and honourable, because by him the Lord had given deliverance unto Syria: he was also a mighty man in valour, but he was a leper.
2Kgs 5:2: And the Syrians had gone out by companies, and had brought away captive out of the land of Israel a little maid; and she waited on Naaman's wife.
2Kgs 5:3: And she said unto her mistress, Would God my lord were with the prophet that is in Samaria! for he would recover him of his leprosy.
2Kgs 5:4: And one went in, and told his lord, saying, Thus and thus said the maid that is of the land of Israel.
2Kgs 5:5: And the king of Syria said, Go to, go, and I will send a letter unto the king of Israel. And he departed, and took with him ten talents of silver, and six thousand pieces of gold, and ten changes of raiment.
2Kgs 5:6: And he brought the letter to the king of Israel, saying, Now when this letter is come unto thee, behold, I have therewith sent Naaman my servant to thee, that thou mayest recover him of his leprosy.