[DailyReading] The cost of discipleship

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Mon Dec 31 00:00:05 MST 2012

Lesson: Dedicated Disciples of the Lord
Reading: The cost of discipleship  2012-12-31
Reference: Mark 10:17-22

Mk 10:17: And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
Mk 10:18: And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is , God.
Mk 10:19: Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
Mk 10:20: And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.
Mk 10:21: Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
Mk 10:22: And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.