[DailyReading] God is faithful

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Fri Dec 28 00:00:07 MST 2012

Lesson: Fiery Temptations of the Lord
Reading: God is faithful  2012-12-28
Reference: 1 Cor. 10:6-14

1Cor 10:6: Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
1Cor 10:7: Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
1Cor 10:8: Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
1Cor 10:9: Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
1Cor 10:10: Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
1Cor 10:11: Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
1Cor 10:12: Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
1Cor 10:13: There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
1Cor 10:14: Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.