[DailyReading] Daniel purposed in his heart

Daily Bible Readings - English (en) dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Wed Dec 26 00:00:06 MST 2012

Lesson: Fiery Temptations of the Lord
Reading: Daniel purposed in his heart  2012-12-26
Reference: Dan. 1:8-16

Dan 1:8: But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.
Dan 1:9: Now God had brought Daniel into favour and tender love with the prince of the eunuchs.
Dan 1:10: And the prince of the eunuchs said unto Daniel, I fear my lord the king, who hath appointed your meat and your drink: for why should he see your faces worse liking than the children which are of your sort? then shall ye make me endanger my head to the king.
Dan 1:11: Then said Daniel to Melzar, whom the prince of the eunuchs had set over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah,
Dan 1:12: Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink.
Dan 1:13: Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat: and as thou seest, deal with thy servants.
Dan 1:14: So he consented to them in this matter, and proved them ten days.
Dan 1:15: And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king's meat.
Dan 1:16: Thus Melzar took away the portion of their meat, and the wine that they should drink; and gave them pulse.