[DailyReading] God rewards hospitality

Daily Bible Readings dailyreading at lists.churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Mon Apr 30 00:00:01 MDT 2012

Lesson: A Godly Woman’s Virtue
Reading: God rewards hospitality  2012-04-30
Reference: 2 Kings 4:8-17

2Kgs 4:8: And it fell on a day, that Elisha passed to Shunem, where was a great woman; and she constrained him to eat bread. And so it was, that as oft as he passed by, he turned in thither to eat bread.
2Kgs 4:9: And she said unto her husband, Behold now, I perceive that this is an holy man of God, which passeth by us continually.
2Kgs 4:10: Let us make a little chamber, I pray thee, on the wall; and let us set for him there a bed, and a table, and a stool, and a candlestick: and it shall be, when he cometh to us, that he shall turn in thither.
2Kgs 4:11: And it fell on a day, that he came thither, and he turned into the chamber, and lay there.
2Kgs 4:12: And he said to Gehazi his servant, Call this Shunammite. And when he had called her, she stood before him.
2Kgs 4:13: And he said unto him, Say now unto her, Behold, thou hast been careful for us with all this care; what is to be done for thee? wouldest thou be spoken for to the king, or to the captain of the host? And she answered, I dwell among mine own people.
2Kgs 4:14: And he said, What then is to be done for her? And Gehazi answered, Verily she hath no child, and her husband is old.
2Kgs 4:15: And he said, Call her. And when he had called her, she stood in the door.
2Kgs 4:16: And he said, About this season, according to the time of life, thou shalt embrace a son. And she said, Nay, my lord, thou man of God, do not lie unto thine handmaid.
2Kgs 4:17: And the woman conceived, and bare a son at that season that Elisha had said unto her, according to the time of life.