[Biblein52weeks-en] Bible in 52 Weeks: Job 15-16 Day: 54

dailyreading at churchofgodinchristmennonite.net dailyreading at churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Wed Feb 24 00:00:01 MST 2021

Bible in 52 Weeks:
Job 15:1: Then answered Eliphaz the Temanite, and said,
Job 15:2: Should a wise man utter vain knowledge, and fill his belly with the east wind?
Job 15:3: Should he reason with unprofitable talk? or with speeches wherewith he can do no good?
Job 15:4: Yea, thou castest off fear, and restrainest prayer before God.
Job 15:5: For thy mouth uttereth thine iniquity, and thou choosest the tongue of the crafty.
Job 15:6: Thine own mouth condemneth thee, and not I: yea, thine own lips testify against thee.
Job 15:7: Art thou the first man that was born? or wast thou made before the hills?
Job 15:8: Hast thou heard the secret of God? and dost thou restrain wisdom to thyself?
Job 15:9: What knowest thou, that we know not? what understandest thou, which is not in us?
Job 15:10: With us are both the grayheaded and very aged men, much elder than thy father.
Job 15:11: Are the consolations of God small with thee? is there any secret thing with thee?
Job 15:12: Why doth thine heart carry thee away? and what do thy eyes wink at,
Job 15:13: That thou turnest thy spirit against God, and lettest such words go out of thy mouth?
Job 15:14: What is man, that he should be clean? and he which is born of a woman, that he should be righteous?
Job 15:15: Behold, he putteth no trust in his saints; yea, the heavens are not clean in his sight.
Job 15:16: How much more abominable and filthy is man, which drinketh iniquity like water?
Job 15:17: I will shew thee, hear me; and that which I have seen I will declare;
Job 15:18: Which wise men have told from their fathers, and have not hid it:
Job 15:19: Unto whom alone the earth was given, and no stranger passed among them.
Job 15:20: The wicked man travaileth with pain all his days, and the number of years is hidden to the oppressor.
Job 15:21: A dreadful sound is in his ears: in prosperity the destroyer shall come upon him.
Job 15:22: He believeth not that he shall return out of darkness, and he is waited for of the sword.
Job 15:23: He wandereth abroad for bread, saying, Where is it? he knoweth that the day of darkness is ready at his hand.
Job 15:24: Trouble and anguish shall make him afraid; they shall prevail against him, as a king ready to the battle.
Job 15:25: For he stretcheth out his hand against God, and strengtheneth himself against the Almighty.
Job 15:26: He runneth upon him, even on his neck, upon the thick bosses of his bucklers:
Job 15:27: Because he covereth his face with his fatness, and maketh collops of fat on his flanks.
Job 15:28: And he dwelleth in desolate cities, and in houses which no man inhabiteth, which are ready to become heaps.
Job 15:29: He shall not be rich, neither shall his substance continue, neither shall he prolong the perfection thereof upon the earth.
Job 15:30: He shall not depart out of darkness; the flame shall dry up his branches, and by the breath of his mouth shall he go away.
Job 15:31: Let not him that is deceived trust in vanity: for vanity shall be his recompence.
Job 15:32: It shall be accomplished before his time, and his branch shall not be green.
Job 15:33: He shall shake off his unripe grape as the vine, and shall cast off his flower as the olive.
Job 15:34: For the congregation of hypocrites shall be desolate, and fire shall consume the tabernacles of bribery.
Job 15:35: They conceive mischief, and bring forth vanity, and their belly prepareth deceit.
Job 16:1: Then Job answered and said,
Job 16:2: I have heard many such things: miserable comforters are ye all.
Job 16:3: Shall vain words have an end? or what emboldeneth thee that thou answerest?
Job 16:4: I also could speak as ye do: if your soul were in my soul's stead, I could heap up words against you, and shake mine head at you.
Job 16:5: But I would strengthen you with my mouth, and the moving of my lips should asswage your grief.
Job 16:6: Though I speak, my grief is not asswaged: and though I forbear, what am I eased?
Job 16:7: But now he hath made me weary: thou hast made desolate all my company.
Job 16:8: And thou hast filled me with wrinkles, which is a witness against me: and my leanness rising up in me beareth witness to my face.
Job 16:9: He teareth me in his wrath, who hateth me: he gnasheth upon me with his teeth; mine enemy sharpeneth his eyes upon me.
Job 16:10: They have gaped upon me with their mouth; they have smitten me upon the cheek reproachfully; they have gathered themselves together against me.
Job 16:11: God hath delivered me to the ungodly, and turned me over into the hands of the wicked.
Job 16:12: I was at ease, but he hath broken me asunder: he hath also taken me by my neck, and shaken me to pieces, and set me up for his mark.
Job 16:13: His archers compass me round about, he cleaveth my reins asunder, and doth not spare; he poureth out my gall upon the ground.
Job 16:14: He breaketh me with breach upon breach, he runneth upon me like a giant.
Job 16:15: I have sewed sackcloth upon my skin, and defiled my horn in the dust.
Job 16:16: My face is foul with weeping, and on my eyelids is the shadow of death;
Job 16:17: Not for any injustice in mine hands: also my prayer is pure.
Job 16:18: O earth, cover not thou my blood, and let my cry have no place.
Job 16:19: Also now, behold, my witness is in heaven, and my record is on high.
Job 16:20: My friends scorn me: but mine eye poureth out tears unto God.
Job 16:21: O that one might plead for a man with God, as a man pleadeth for his neighbour!
Job 16:22: When a few years are come, then I shall go the way whence I shall not return.
(KJV)

Plan designed by http://www.bible-reading.com