[Biblein52weeks-en] Bible in 52 Weeks: Job 29-30 Day: 103

dailyreading at churchofgodinchristmennonite.net dailyreading at churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Wed Apr 14 00:00:01 MDT 2021

Bible in 52 Weeks:
Job 29:1: Moreover Job continued his parable, and said,
Job 29:2: Oh that I were as in months past, as in the days when God preserved me;
Job 29:3: When his candle shined upon my head, and when by his light I walked through darkness;
Job 29:4: As I was in the days of my youth, when the secret of God was upon my tabernacle;
Job 29:5: When the Almighty was yet with me, when my children were about me;
Job 29:6: When I washed my steps with butter, and the rock poured me out rivers of oil;
Job 29:7: When I went out to the gate through the city, when I prepared my seat in the street!
Job 29:8: The young men saw me, and hid themselves: and the aged arose, and stood up.
Job 29:9: The princes refrained talking, and laid their hand on their mouth.
Job 29:10: The nobles held their peace, and their tongue cleaved to the roof of their mouth.
Job 29:11: When the ear heard me, then it blessed me; and when the eye saw me, it gave witness to me:
Job 29:12: Because I delivered the poor that cried, and the fatherless, and him that had none to help him.
Job 29:13: The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me: and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy.
Job 29:14: I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem.
Job 29:15: I was eyes to the blind, and feet was I to the lame.
Job 29:16: I was a father to the poor: and the cause which I knew not I searched out.
Job 29:17: And I brake the jaws of the wicked, and plucked the spoil out of his teeth.
Job 29:18: Then I said, I shall die in my nest, and I shall multiply my days as the sand.
Job 29:19: My root was spread out by the waters, and the dew lay all night upon my branch.
Job 29:20: My glory was fresh in me, and my bow was renewed in my hand.
Job 29:21: Unto me men gave ear, and waited, and kept silence at my counsel.
Job 29:22: After my words they spake not again; and my speech dropped upon them.
Job 29:23: And they waited for me as for the rain; and they opened their mouth wide as for the latter rain.
Job 29:24: If I laughed on them, they believed it not; and the light of my countenance they cast not down.
Job 29:25: I chose out their way, and sat chief, and dwelt as a king in the army, as one that comforteth the mourners.
Job 30:1: But now they that are younger than I have me in derision, whose fathers I would have disdained to have set with the dogs of my flock.
Job 30:2: Yea, whereto might the strength of their hands profit me, in whom old age was perished?
Job 30:3: For want and famine they were solitary; fleeing into the wilderness in former time desolate and waste.
Job 30:4: Who cut up mallows by the bushes, and juniper roots for their meat.
Job 30:5: They were driven forth from among men, ( they cried after them as after a thief;)
Job 30:6: To dwell in the clifts of the valleys, in caves of the earth, and in the rocks.
Job 30:7: Among the bushes they brayed; under the nettles they were gathered together.
Job 30:8: They were children of fools, yea, children of base men: they were viler than the earth.
Job 30:9: And now am I their song, yea, I am their byword.
Job 30:10: They abhor me, they flee far from me, and spare not to spit in my face.
Job 30:11: Because he hath loosed my cord, and afflicted me, they have also let loose the bridle before me.
Job 30:12: Upon my right hand rise the youth; they push away my feet, and they raise up against me the ways of their destruction.
Job 30:13: They mar my path, they set forward my calamity, they have no helper.
Job 30:14: They came upon me as a wide breaking in of waters: in the desolation they rolled themselves upon me.
Job 30:15: Terrors are turned upon me: they pursue my soul as the wind: and my welfare passeth away as a cloud.
Job 30:16: And now my soul is poured out upon me; the days of affliction have taken hold upon me.
Job 30:17: My bones are pierced in me in the night season: and my sinews take no rest.
Job 30:18: By the great force of my disease is my garment changed: it bindeth me about as the collar of my coat.
Job 30:19: He hath cast me into the mire, and I am become like dust and ashes.
Job 30:20: I cry unto thee, and thou dost not hear me: I stand up, and thou regardest me not.
Job 30:21: Thou art become cruel to me: with thy strong hand thou opposest thyself against me.
Job 30:22: Thou liftest me up to the wind; thou causest me to ride upon it, and dissolvest my substance.
Job 30:23: For I know that thou wilt bring me to death, and to the house appointed for all living.
Job 30:24: Howbeit he will not stretch out his hand to the grave, though they cry in his destruction.
Job 30:25: Did not I weep for him that was in trouble? was not my soul grieved for the poor?
Job 30:26: When I looked for good, then evil came unto me: and when I waited for light, there came darkness.
Job 30:27: My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Job 30:28: I went mourning without the sun: I stood up, and I cried in the congregation.
Job 30:29: I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls.
Job 30:30: My skin is black upon me, and my bones are burned with heat.
Job 30:31: My harp also is turned to mourning, and my organ into the voice of them that weep.
(KJV)

Plan designed by http://www.bible-reading.com