[Biblein52weeks-en] Bible in 52 Weeks: Job 31-32 Day: 110

dailyreading at churchofgodinchristmennonite.net dailyreading at churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Fri Apr 21 00:00:01 MDT 2017

Bible in 52 Weeks:
Job 31:1: I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?
Job 31:2: For what portion of God is there from above? and what inheritance of the Almighty from on high?
Job 31:3: Is not destruction to the wicked? and a strange punishment to the workers of iniquity?
Job 31:4: Doth not he see my ways, and count all my steps?
Job 31:5: If I have walked with vanity, or if my foot hath hasted to deceit;
Job 31:6: Let me be weighed in an even balance, that God may know mine integrity.
Job 31:7: If my step hath turned out of the way, and mine heart walked after mine eyes, and if any blot hath cleaved to mine hands;
Job 31:8: Then let me sow, and let another eat; yea, let my offspring be rooted out.
Job 31:9: If mine heart have been deceived by a woman, or if I have laid wait at my neighbour's door;
Job 31:10: Then let my wife grind unto another, and let others bow down upon her.
Job 31:11: For this is an heinous crime; yea, it is an iniquity to be punished by the judges.
Job 31:12: For it is a fire that consumeth to destruction, and would root out all mine increase.
Job 31:13: If I did despise the cause of my manservant or of my maidservant, when they contended with me;
Job 31:14: What then shall I do when God riseth up? and when he visiteth, what shall I answer him?
Job 31:15: Did not he that made me in the womb make him? and did not one fashion us in the womb?
Job 31:16: If I have withheld the poor from their desire, or have caused the eyes of the widow to fail;
Job 31:17: Or have eaten my morsel myself alone, and the fatherless hath not eaten thereof;
Job 31:18: ( For from my youth he was brought up with me, as with a father, and I have guided her from my mother's womb;)
Job 31:19: If I have seen any perish for want of clothing, or any poor without covering;
Job 31:20: If his loins have not blessed me, and if he were not warmed with the fleece of my sheep;
Job 31:21: If I have lifted up my hand against the fatherless, when I saw my help in the gate:
Job 31:22: Then let mine arm fall from my shoulder blade, and mine arm be broken from the bone.
Job 31:23: For destruction from God was a terror to me, and by reason of his highness I could not endure.
Job 31:24: If I have made gold my hope, or have said to the fine gold, Thou art my confidence;
Job 31:25: If I rejoiced because my wealth was great, and because mine hand had gotten much;
Job 31:26: If I beheld the sun when it shined, or the moon walking in brightness;
Job 31:27: And my heart hath been secretly enticed, or my mouth hath kissed my hand:
Job 31:28: This also were an iniquity to be punished by the judge: for I should have denied the God that is above.
Job 31:29: If I rejoiced at the destruction of him that hated me, or lifted up myself when evil found him:
Job 31:30: Neither have I suffered my mouth to sin by wishing a curse to his soul.
Job 31:31: If the men of my tabernacle said not, Oh that we had of his flesh! we cannot be satisfied.
Job 31:32: The stranger did not lodge in the street: but I opened my doors to the traveller.
Job 31:33: If I covered my transgressions as Adam, by hiding mine iniquity in my bosom:
Job 31:34: Did I fear a great multitude, or did the contempt of families terrify me, that I kept silence, and went not out of the door?
Job 31:35: Oh that one would hear me! behold, my desire is, that the Almighty would answer me, and that mine adversary had written a book.
Job 31:36: Surely I would take it upon my shoulder, and bind it as a crown to me.
Job 31:37: I would declare unto him the number of my steps; as a prince would I go near unto him.
Job 31:38: If my land cry against me, or that the furrows likewise thereof complain;
Job 31:39: If I have eaten the fruits thereof without money, or have caused the owners thereof to lose their life:
Job 31:40: Let thistles grow instead of wheat, and cockle instead of barley. The words of Job are ended.
Job 32:1: So these three men ceased to answer Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes.
Job 32:2: Then was kindled the wrath of Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite, of the kindred of Ram: against Job was his wrath kindled, because he justified himself rather than God.
Job 32:3: Also against his three friends was his wrath kindled, because they had found no answer, and yet had condemned Job.
Job 32:4: Now Elihu had waited till Job had spoken, because they were elder than he.
Job 32:5: When Elihu saw that there was no answer in the mouth of these three men, then his wrath was kindled.
Job 32:6: And Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite answered and said, I am young, and ye are very old; wherefore I was afraid, and durst not shew you mine opinion.
Job 32:7: I said, Days should speak, and multitude of years should teach wisdom.
Job 32:8: But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.
Job 32:9: Great men are not always wise: neither do the aged understand judgment.
Job 32:10: Therefore I said, Hearken to me; I also will shew mine opinion.
Job 32:11: Behold, I waited for your words; I gave ear to your reasons, whilst ye searched out what to say.
Job 32:12: Yea, I attended unto you, and, behold, there was none of you that convinced Job, or that answered his words:
Job 32:13: Lest ye should say, We have found out wisdom: God thrusteth him down, not man.
Job 32:14: Now he hath not directed his words against me: neither will I answer him with your speeches.
Job 32:15: They were amazed, they answered no more: they left off speaking.
Job 32:16: When I had waited, ( for they spake not, but stood still, and answered no more;)
Job 32:17: I said, I will answer also my part, I also will shew mine opinion.
Job 32:18: For I am full of matter, the spirit within me constraineth me.
Job 32:19: Behold, my belly is as wine which hath no vent; it is ready to burst like new bottles.
Job 32:20: I will speak, that I may be refreshed: I will open my lips and answer.
Job 32:21: Let me not, I pray you, accept any man's person, neither let me give flattering titles unto man.
Job 32:22: For I know not to give flattering titles; in so doing my maker would soon take me away.
(KJV)

Plan designed by http://www.bible-reading.com