[Biblein52weeks-en] Bible in 52 Weeks: Psalms 140-142 Day: 340

dailyreading at churchofgodinchristmennonite.net dailyreading at churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Tue Dec 6 00:00:01 MST 2016

Bible in 52 Weeks:
Psalms 140:1: Deliver me, O Lord, from the evil man: preserve me from the violent man;
Psalms 140:2: Which imagine mischiefs in their heart; continually are they gathered together for war.
Psalms 140:3: They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent; adders' poison is under their lips. Selah.
Psalms 140:4: Keep me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from the violent man; who have purposed to overthrow my goings.
Psalms 140:5: The proud have hid a snare for me, and cords; they have spread a net by the wayside; they have set gins for me. Selah.
Psalms 140:6: I said unto the Lord, Thou art my God: hear the voice of my supplications, O Lord.
Psalms 140:7: O God the Lord, the strength of my salvation, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.
Psalms 140:8: Grant not, O Lord, the desires of the wicked: further not his wicked device; lest they exalt themselves. Selah.
Psalms 140:9: As for the head of those that compass me about, let the mischief of their own lips cover them.
Psalms 140:10: Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again.
Psalms 140:11: Let not an evil speaker be established in the earth: evil shall hunt the violent man to overthrow him.
Psalms 140:12: I know that the Lord will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and the right of the poor.
Psalms 140:13: Surely the righteous shall give thanks unto thy name: the upright shall dwell in thy presence.
Psalms 141:1: Lord, I cry unto thee: make haste unto me; give ear unto my voice, when I cry unto thee.
Psalms 141:2: Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
Psalms 141:3: Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.
Psalms 141:4: Incline not my heart to any evil thing, to practise wicked works with men that work iniquity: and let me not eat of their dainties.
Psalms 141:5: Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities.
Psalms 141:6: When their judges are overthrown in stony places, they shall hear my words; for they are sweet.
Psalms 141:7: Our bones are scattered at the grave's mouth, as when one cutteth and cleaveth wood upon the earth.
Psalms 141:8: But mine eyes are unto thee, O God the Lord: in thee is my trust; leave not my soul destitute.
Psalms 141:9: Keep me from the snares which they have laid for me, and the gins of the workers of iniquity.
Psalms 141:10: Let the wicked fall into their own nets, whilst that I withal escape.
Psalms 142:1: I cried unto the Lord with my voice; with my voice unto the Lord did I make my supplication.
Psalms 142:2: I poured out my complaint before him; I shewed before him my trouble.
Psalms 142:3: When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path. In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me.
Psalms 142:4: I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.
Psalms 142:5: I cried unto thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.
Psalms 142:6: Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low: deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I.
Psalms 142:7: Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the righteous shall compass me about; for thou shalt deal bountifully with me.
(KJV)

Plan designed by http://www.bible-reading.com