[Biblein52weeks-en] Bible in 52 Weeks: John 10-12 Day: 245

dailyreading at churchofgodinchristmennonite.net dailyreading at churchofgodinchristmennonite.net
Tue Sep 3 00:00:01 MDT 2013

Bible in 52 Weeks:
John 10:1: Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
John 10:2: But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
John 10:3: To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
John 10:4: And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
John 10:5: And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
John 10:6: This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.
John 10:7: Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
John 10:8: All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
John 10:9: I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
John 10:10: The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
John 10:11: I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
John 10:12: But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
John 10:13: The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
John 10:14: I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
John 10:15: As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
John 10:16: And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
John 10:17: Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
John 10:18: No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
John 10:19: There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.
John 10:20: And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?
John 10:21: Others said, These are not the words of him that hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?
John 10:22: And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter.
John 10:23: And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.
John 10:24: Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
John 10:25: Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
John 10:26: But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
John 10:27: My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
John 10:28: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
John 10:29: My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
John 10:30: I and my Father are one.
John 10:31: Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
John 10:32: Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
John 10:33: The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
John 10:34: Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
John 10:35: If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture can not be broken;
John 10:36: Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
John 10:37: If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
John 10:38: But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
John 10:39: Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,
John 10:40: And went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there he abode.
John 10:41: And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true.
John 10:42: And many believed on him there.
John 11:1: Now a certain man was sick, named Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha.
John 11:2: ( It was that Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.)
John 11:3: Therefore his sisters sent unto him, saying, Lord, behold, he whom thou lovest is sick.
John 11:4: When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.
John 11:5: Now Jesus loved Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus.
John 11:6: When he had heard therefore that he was sick, he abode two days still in the same place where he was.
John 11:7: Then after that saith he to his disciples, Let us go into Judæa again.
John 11:8: His disciples say unto him, Master, the Jews of late sought to stone thee; and goest thou thither again?
John 11:9: Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.
John 11:10: But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.
John 11:11: These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
John 11:12: Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well.
John 11:13: Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.
John 11:14: Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.
John 11:15: And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, to the intent ye may believe; nevertheless let us go unto him.
John 11:16: Then said Thomas, which is called Didymus, unto his fellowdisciples, Let us also go, that we may die with him.
John 11:17: Then when Jesus came, he found that he had lain in the grave four days already.
John 11:18: Now Bethany was nigh unto Jerusalem, about fifteen furlongs off:
John 11:19: And many of the Jews came to Martha and Mary, to comfort them concerning their brother.
John 11:20: Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met him: but Mary sat still in the house.
John 11:21: Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
John 11:22: But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.
John 11:23: Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
John 11:24: Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
John 11:25: Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
John 11:26: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
John 11:27: She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.
John 11:28: And when she had so said, she went her way, and called Mary her sister secretly, saying, The Master is come, and calleth for thee.
John 11:29: As soon as she heard that, she arose quickly, and came unto him.
John 11:30: Now Jesus was not yet come into the town, but was in that place where Martha met him.
John 11:31: The Jews then which were with her in the house, and comforted her, when they saw Mary, that she rose up hastily and went out, followed her, saying, She goeth unto the grave to weep there.
John 11:32: Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
John 11:33: When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled,
John 11:34: And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see.
John 11:35: Jesus wept.
John 11:36: Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him!
John 11:37: And some of them said, Could not this man, which opened the eyes of the blind, have caused that even this man should not have died?
John 11:38: Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it.
John 11:39: Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.
John 11:40: Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?
John 11:41: Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.
John 11:42: And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.
John 11:43: And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
John 11:44: And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.
John 11:45: Then many of the Jews which came to Mary, and had seen the things which Jesus did, believed on him.
John 11:46: But some of them went their ways to the Pharisees, and told them what things Jesus had done.
John 11:47: Then gathered the chief priests and the Pharisees a council, and said, What do we? for this man doeth many miracles.
John 11:48: If we let him thus alone, all men will believe on him: and the Romans shall come and take away both our place and nation.
John 11:49: And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all,
John 11:50: Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.
John 11:51: And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;
John 11:52: And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.
John 11:53: Then from that day forth they took counsel together for to put him to death.
John 11:54: Jesus therefore walked no more openly among the Jews; but went thence unto a country near to the wilderness, into a city called Ephraim, and there continued with his disciples.
John 11:55: And the Jews' passover was nigh at hand: and many went out of the country up to Jerusalem before the passover, to purify themselves.
John 11:56: Then sought they for Jesus, and spake among themselves, as they stood in the temple, What think ye, that he will not come to the feast?
John 11:57: Now both the chief priests and the Pharisees had given a commandment, that, if any man knew where he were, he should shew it, that they might take him.
John 12:1: Then Jesus six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead.
John 12:2: There they made him a supper; and Martha served: but Lazarus was one of them that sat at the table with him.
John 12:3: Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment.
John 12:4: Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him,
John 12:5: Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?
John 12:6: This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.
John 12:7: Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she kept this.
John 12:8: For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always.
John 12:9: Much people of the Jews therefore knew that he was there: and they came not for Jesus' sake only, but that they might see Lazarus also, whom he had raised from the dead.
John 12:10: But the chief priests consulted that they might put Lazarus also to death;
John 12:11: Because that by reason of him many of the Jews went away, and believed on Jesus.
John 12:12: On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,
John 12:13: Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.
John 12:14: And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written,
John 12:15: Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ass's colt.
John 12:16: These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and that they had done these things unto him.
John 12:17: The people therefore that was with him when he called Lazarus out of his grave, and raised him from the dead, bare record.
John 12:18: For this cause the people also met him, for that they heard that he had done this miracle.
John 12:19: The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, Perceive ye how ye prevail nothing? behold, the world is gone after him.
John 12:20: And there were certain Greeks among them that came up to worship at the feast:
John 12:21: The same came therefore to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus.
John 12:22: Philip cometh and telleth Andrew: and again Andrew and Philip tell Jesus.
John 12:23: And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.
John 12:24: Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
John 12:25: He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
John 12:26: If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.
John 12:27: Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.
John 12:28: Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.
John 12:29: The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him.
John 12:30: Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.
John 12:31: Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
John 12:32: And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
John 12:33: This he said, signifying what death he should die.
John 12:34: The people answered him, We have heard out of the law that Christ abideth for ever: and how sayest thou, The Son of man must be lifted up? who is this Son of man?
John 12:35: Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.
John 12:36: While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.
John 12:37: But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:
John 12:38: That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?
John 12:39: Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
John 12:40: He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
John 12:41: These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.
John 12:42: Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:
John 12:43: For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.
John 12:44: Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
John 12:45: And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
John 12:46: I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
John 12:47: And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
John 12:48: He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
John 12:49: For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
John 12:50: And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.
(KJV)

Plan designed by http://www.bible-reading.com